Bucharest Tower Center, etaj 22 B-dul Ion Mihalache nr. 15-17 011171 Bucuresti, sector 1, Romania
+40 21 402 4000
Contul Meu ()
Tax alert no. 18 - New provisions for registration in the National Register of the Manufacturers of Electrical and Electronic Equipment
3 min. de citit
In this issue:
New provisions for registration in the National Register of the Manufacturers of Electrical and Electronic Equipment
Order no. 269/2019 regarding the approval of the Procedure for establishing the registration, the reporting, the frequency of reporting to the National Register of Producers, as well as the manner of clearing and reporting the information provided in art. 9 par. (4) and art. 27 par. (6) of Government Emergency Ordinance no. 5/2015 on waste electrical and electronic equipment
Recently, a new order was published in the Official Gazette, regarding the procedure for establishing the registration, reporting, frequency of reporting in the National Register of Producers, as well as keeping records and reporting the information provided by the Government Emergency Ordinance no. 5/2015 on waste electrical and electronic equipment.
Also, on the NAEP website, additional information was published on the registration procedure of the producers of electrical and electronic equipment.
What are the main changes introduced by the new order?
The Order provides several changes regarding the registration in the National Register of Producers of Electrical and Electronic Equipment ("EEE Register"). Thus, producers of EEE already registered in the EEE Register have the following obligations:
a) to submit to the National Agency for Environmental Protection ("NAEP") by October 2019, estimated general information for 2019 (quantities of EEE produced / purchased / exported);
b) to register online on the NAEP website.
Among the changes provided by this order, we mention the following:
- The register will be available in electronic form on the NAPP website
- The obligation to present the registration, the proof of the application for the operating plan, was introduced for the individual producers
- The deadline for obtaining the registration number increased from 15 days to 30 days
- The update of the registration number in the EEE Register will be made annually, starting from 2020, not every three years, as stipulated by the previous order
- Specific provisions have been introduced regarding the registration procedure through authorized representative, procedure for updating the registration number in the EEE Register (tariff, necessary documents, deadlines), as well as the deletion procedure in the EEE Register.
Both public authorities and waste of EEE (“WEEE”) collection points and treatment facility operators will report online annually in the EEE Register by 20 March, information on how they manage the collection of WEEE, the quantities of WEEE collected, handed over for treatment, exported.
How do these provisions affect you?
If you are currently registered in the EEE Register, you will need to also register online on the NAEP website and you will have to submit to NAEP the estimated general information for 2019 on the quantities of EEE produced / purchased / exported.