The approval of support measures for small and medium-sized companies
In this issue:
Order no. 3685/2020 on the approval of the support measure consisting in the granting of state and minimis aid for the development of small and medium-sized companies under the Regional Operational Program 2014-2020
The Order approves a support measure consisting of the granting of state and de minimis state aid for SMEs under the Regional Operational Program 2014-2020 (ROP).
The estimated number of beneficiaries of this measure is 50.
To whom it applies?
- The measure is addressed to SMEs applying for financing for investments in eligible areas of activity (CANE classes) listed in the Annex of Order 3685/2020.
- The measure applies to investments made in the following development regions of Romania: North-East, South-East, South Muntenia, South-West Oltenia, West, North-West and Center.
What types of investments are eligible?
- The categories of investments financed by regional state aid refer to investments in tangible assets and intangible assets. Modernization works can be considered eligible only insofar as they are related to the initial investment proposed by the project.
- The categories of investments eligible for granting de minimis aid refer to design and technical assistance or mandatory publicity and information activities related to the project.
How is regional state aid and de minimis aid granted?
- The amount of non-reimbursable,is a minimum of 1,500,000 euros and a maximum of 6,000,000 euros.
- The maximum non-reimbursable financing granted as de minimis aid is 100% of the eligible value of the expenses financed by de minimis aid, respecting the de minimis ceiling, respectively the RON equivalent of 200,000 euros.
- The beneficiary of the project must ensure its own contribution to the eligible amount of the expenditure eligible.
What is the duration and budget?
- The measure applies from 27 August 2020 to 31 December 2020, within the allocated budget.
- Payments will be made until 31 December 2024, within the allocated budget.
What do you have to do?
- Analyze your investment project in advance to see if you are eligible. If the eligibility conditions are met, submit the standard funding application, together with the related annexes, taking into account the evaluation, selection and contracting procedure detailed in the Applicant's Guide.
For more details, please see Official Gazette no. 784 of 27 August 2020 or you can contact us directly in order to clarify any questions you may have regarding the content presented above.